Social Skills: Superflex®
Superflex® is a program designed for 7-10-year-olds, to help with social thinking, behavior awareness, and self-regulation skills. The program focuses on managing social and communication difficulties and is suitable for children who struggle to monitor and regulate their behavior, including those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Level 1 or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)*.
Over the course of the program, children become superheroes and are taught to explore social thinking concepts, become aware of their own social behavior, and develop strategies to monitor and modify their own behavior.
The sessions cover a range of topics, including:
- Becoming a flexible thinker
- Understanding social rules
- Understand a big problem vs a small problem
- Learning to change unhelpful behaviors
The program consists of small-group child sessions, with engaging games and activities. The program runs weekly during school terms, with 10 x 1-hour sessions in total.
* To ensure children can achieve the best possible outcomes from the Superflex® program they need to have the ability to understand their own thoughts, to enable them to moderate their behavior.