At TDCC we support adolescents with their overall well-being.
We understand that the teenage years can be tough to navigate. Our team of qualified and registered psychologists is available to support you and your family.
Adolescent counseling is counseling aimed at young people to help them make sense of their feelings, behaviors, and thoughts and entails the use of unique techniques that draw out the expressive nature of a young person. This form of counseling is important in helping guide people transitioning into adulthood and understanding themselves better.
A few examples of what counseling can help adolescents with:
- Difficulty managing anxiety and/or anger
- Challenging and/or risk-taking behaviors
- Friendship issues and bullying
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Family breakdown and conflict
- Parent and adolescent relationship challenges
- Grief and loss
- Learning difficulties
- Exam stress and study skills
- School challenges
- Self-harm thoughts or actions
- Self-esteem issues
Our adolescent counseling services work closely with parents and their teenagers to strengthen key relationships that they share with themselves and others to promote successful personal development.
We offer a respectful and confidential space for adolescents to work through challenges and progress toward a successful transition into adulthood.
Our adolescent counseling Psychologists are goal-focused and utilize a variety of approaches and techniques and may include:
- Cognitive-Based Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Relaxation techniques
- REBT- rational emotive behavioral therapy