Benefits of a Sensory Diet for Children with Sensory Processing Difficulties
Occupational Therapist and US Certified Sensory Integration Program provider Risa Rufus explored and helped you understand the “Benefits of Sensory Diet to Children with Sensory Processing Difficulties”
A sensory diet is a personalized program of activities and exercises that are designed to help individuals regulate their sensory input and improve their ability to function in daily life. It is often used for individuals with sensory processing disorder (SPD), which is a condition in which the brain has difficulty interpreting and responding to information received from the senses. A sensory diet is typically developed by an occupational therapist and may include activities such as deep pressure, heavy work, and proprioceptive input. These activities are intended to provide the individual with the right amount of stimulation for their needs and help them focus, relax, and feel calm. The activities can be done at home, school or in therapy sessions. The goal is to help individuals with SPD to feel more in control of their environment and to improve their ability to engage in daily activities.
In this webinar you will learn:
1. What is a Sensory Diet;
2. How can a Sensory Diet support children with sensory processing difficulties; and
3. How to plan a Sensory Diet and incorporate it into your daily routine?
Objectives of the webinar
1. To provide an overview of sensory processing disorder (SPD) and the challenges that children with SPD may face in their daily lives.
2. To explain what a sensory diet is, how it is developed and implemented and how it can help children with SPD.
3. To provide examples of specific activities and exercises that can be included in a sensory diet and how they can benefit children with SPD.
4. To discuss how a sensory diet can improve a child’s ability to engage in daily activities, such as schoolwork and social interactions.
5. To provide guidance on how to work with an occupational therapist to develop a personalized sensory diet for a child with SPD.
6. To provide parents and caregivers with strategies to support the implementation of a sensory diet at home.
7. To provide a platform for Q&A session for the attendees to clarify their doubts.
About the Speaker
Risa Rufus is an accomplished Occupational Therapist with a Bachelor of Arts in Occupational Therapy and US certified Sensory Integration Program provider. Risa specializes in therapeutic programs, individual and group interventions, home training programs, counseling, pediatrics, gross and fine motor delays, visual motor and perceptual difficulties, sensory diet and parent support. With over 5 years of experience, Risa is a member of the All India Occupational Therapists Association, she provides evidence-based, family-centered therapy to help children and families achieve their full potential.
We hope that the information shared in this webinar will help you better understand sensory diet and the ways in which it affects individuals with this condition. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Does your child need our support? WhatsApp us at 0501466319.
Thank you for your interest in “Benefits of Sensory Diet to Children with Sensory Processing Difficulties” and we hope you find the webinar informative and valuable.