Parent Support Group by SEN Coach Uzma Akser
Special Education Needs Coach Uzma Akser and The Developing Child Centre are thrilled to launch this Parent Support Program dedicated to all TDCC parents and other parents with children of determination.
Regular Session on Tuesdays | 10:00 AM Dubai Time | Via Zoom
Topics for the month of March:
March 7- Community Resources: Sharing Resources that Can Benefit Neurodivergent Families.
March 14 – Self Care for ‘Special Parents’
March 21- It’s UAE mother’s day celebration. It will be a Face-to-Face meet up for storytelling and celebrating being a ‘special mum. Stay tuned for further details!
March 28- Advocating for our Neurodivergent Children.
The Parent Support Group program is a safe and supportive space for parents to come together, share their experiences, and learn from one another. During the program, you will have the opportunity to connect with other parents and learn from Uzma’s guidance and support. You will explore different strategies for managing stress, such as mindfulness and self-care practices, and you will have the chance to reflect on your own experiences and learn from the experiences of others. The program will be conducted via Zoom, so you can participate from the comfort of your own home.
The program is a great opportunity for parents to come together, share their experiences and support each other, as well as to develop the skills and strategies they need to be the best version of themselves and raise happy and healthy children. Don’t miss this chance to improve your life and the life of your family!
Objectives of the program
1. To provide a safe and supportive space for parents to share their experiences, challenges, and successes in parenting.
2. To educate parents on effective strategies for managing stress, such as mindfulness and self-care practices.
3. To help parents develop the skills and strategies they need to be the best versions of themselves and to raise happy and healthy children.
4. To provide an opportunity for parents to connect with other parents, share their experiences, and gain support.
5. To help parents to identify their own strengths and weaknesses, and work on them.
6. To provide parents with resources and information on various parenting topics such as child development, communication, and discipline.
7. To provide parents with the opportunity to ask questions and receive guidance from the facilitator.
9. To help parents to build a more positive and strong relationship with their children.
10. To provide an opportunity for parents to reflect on their own experiences and learn from the experiences of others.
Uzma Akser is an accomplished Special Education Needs Coach and Mentor, as well as the founder of Coaching with Uzma. With a blossoming career as a lawyer in the UK, Uzma chose to attend to the unique needs of her child on the autism spectrum, and has since dedicated her time and expertise to helping parents navigate the challenges of raising children with special needs. She is a certified and credentialed Life and Academic Coach through ACA Coach Academies, and a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF). With an LLB (Hons) and an LPC from the UK and a background in Human Rights, Uzma is dedicated to helping individuals discover and use their voices to be heard and valued. Uzma understands the emotional struggles that many parents face when their child may have intellectual or developmental delays and aims to provide clarity and direction through coaching and mentoring. Her mission is to empower and motivate all parents, whether they are home educating or working with schools, to advocate on behalf of their children and create an inclusive and supportive environment for their child’s growth and development.
Book your seat now!